Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The quest for front row!

It's fun going to concerts now, but back in the day going to concerts was a different and fun experience! It is easier to get tickets now for any event right online or at various ticket locations....but one of the best parts of going to concerts back in the day was getting tickets! People would camp out for tickets for days if they had to! It was so awesome...you would meet all kinds of people from different places, but mostly everyone had one thing in common, the act you were in line to see. The absolute best concerts I've ever been to in my life were Prince (Lovesexy) and Madonna (Blonde Ambition)!!! I waited out for the Prince tickets with one of my besties, Heather aka Princess. We had to be out there for over 20 plus hours, but when u are a true fan, especially back then, none of that matters! We had our tent & our grub...so we were cool! LOL! We ended up with the greatest seats ever....I even touched his hand when he bent down to touch the fans on our side! ...and those of us who know Princess knows we were in full dress that night, clothing designed especially by her...I think we were the best dressed there! We even stayed in the same hotel he stayed at when he was here. I didn't actual get to see him, but I did get to ride the elevator with some of the band members! It was a great and awesome adventure! I stayed out for Madonna tix with one of my other bffs, Annette...we too had great seats and had an awesome time!!! It was so cold out, but we took turns going on hot chocolate runs...lol...and we made it through!!! I hope that brought back some of your coolest concert memories....tell me some of yours! I have so many more, but I'll save them for another time! Thanks for reading....until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment